Your donations are critical for our Center to continue doing research and training others to do research in spirituality and health. To learn more about the Center, read our Vision, Mission, Accomplishments and Future Plans document. We will accept gifts in a loved one’s honor or memory or as part of estate planning (gift annuity, charitable remainder trust, etc.).
You may designate specifically how your gifts are being used:
(1) Support research on effects of religious psychotherapy on depression, immune function, and genetic markers in depressed patients with chronic medical illness.
(2) Support ground-breaking research studying the effects of religious involvement on slowing the process of cellular aging and extending longevity.
(3) Provide a scholarship to allow a promising young researcher with financial hardships to attend a 5-day Duke Summer Research Workshop on Spirituality and Health.
(4) Build an endowment to provide infra-structure support for the Center to allow it to continue its research, teaching, and public education on the role of spirituality in the health and well-being of populations around the world.
1. Donate ONLINE (see ON-LINE GIVING link below)
However, to be sure that your gifts end up in the right place, indicate in the Designation Comments section under Additional/Other Designations the following:
“Please direct my gift to the Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health; for more information, contact Harold G. Koenig, M.D. (Harold.Koenig@duke.edu)”
2. Send a check (indicating it is a donation to the Center for Spirituality, Theology, and Health) to:
Harold G. Koenig, M.D.
Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health
Box 3400 Duke University Medical Center
Durham, NC 27710