The Center was founded in 1998, and is focused on conducting research, training others to conduct research, and promoting scholarly field-building activities related to religion, spirituality, and health. The Center serves as a clearinghouse for information on this topic, and seeks to support and encourage dialogue between researchers, clinicians, theologians, clergy, and others interested in the intersection.
- Conduct research on religion, spirituality and health
- Train those wishing to do research on this topic
- Interpret the research for clinical and societal applications
- Explore the meaning of the research for pastors and theologians
- Discuss how theological input can advance the research